(Original on kaizers.no, Text backup here)(Photo: Geir Zahl. Rune has gotten brand new drums and is as pleased as Punch.)The start of Kaizers Orchestra's most magnificent tour so far in their career is approaching. The Volume II tour opens tomorrow at Vega in Copenhagen!
But before the tour can start, it's time for rehearsals and of course pre-production, as it is called in business speech, and therefore band and crew are currently at Rytmeposten in Odense to get in shape.
- We have ambitious plans for this tour, Rune Kaizer tells us from Odense.
- And when did you not have ambitious plans for a tour!?
- Hehe, you got a point there; actually we try to turn each tour into something really special. This time the focus is on Volume II, of course, but we are also planning to pour in a wide range of songs from our whole catalog in addition, more than usual.
- Another b-sides tour, kind of?
- More a best of both worlds tour! A kind of blissful mix of hits and catalog. That is why we practice so much at the moment; we have 60 songs that we are going through here, and we intend to play all 60 every week. In other words, there will be large differences in each concert, but with a solid core of Violeta songs, since that's what we're doing currently.
- You have a fan base that loves your entire catalog. That must be fun for you as a concert band?
- Absolutely. It is essential for us that we can vary a lot and also play new stuff, and that we don't have to live on only a small handful of hits that are on repeat. That's what really is the secret why we are still known to be an energetic and lively band on stage; that we keep it interesting.
- It will be a brutally hectic program for you up to and throughout the summer now?
- Yeah, we are taking on all of Norway this year. This is the first time we really play all over our home country since 2006. We are looking forward to that a lot!
- Volume II works well live?
- It was recorded about 100% live, so it is designed for the road, but we play just a selection from Volume II every day, vary it a bit, and then a lot of strange stuff in addition.
- Can people expect surprises?
- Whatever you do, don't expect that this won't happen!
- We're looking forward!
By the way, read some good Danish reviews of Volume II here: Politiken